Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
NOTE: ALL PICKUP AND DROPOFF EVENTS ARE CANCELLED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE DUE TO THE INCREASE IN COVID CASES AND NEW LOCKDOWN GUIDELINES.
Check back here for updates regarding Winter and Spring events.
Please hold on to your library materials until pickup/drop-off events resume. No fines will be charged on any items until the library officially reopens.
If you have any questions then please contact the library.
Upcoming Pick-Up Events
ALL PICKUP AND DROPOFF EVENTS ARE CANCELLED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
Location: Library Entrance
WINTER 2021 SESSION DATES & TIMES:
Requesting and picking up of materials has been cancelled until further notice due to the increase in COVID cases and lockdown guidelines. Find out more.
SPRING 2021 SEMESTER DATES & TIMES:
(All Pick Up times for Spring Semester are 9:30am-2:30pm)
Feb. 17th & Feb. 18th
Feb. 24th & Feb. 25th
Jun. 2nd & 3rd
Dates and Times are subject to change and are weather permitting. Please follow us on Instagram for the latest updates.
Requesting items during COVID closure
Students can now place requests for MVC library materials (books, laptops, calculators and more) and pick them up at scheduled pick-up events. The steps to request a library item for pickup are as follows:
- Place a hold on your requested item(s) through OneSearch, the library’s catalog. Use your student email and student email password to log-in to your account and click the Request button for the item you would like. Click here for detailed instructions on how to place requests.
- You will receive a confirmation email once the request has been fulfilled. Your items are not available for pickup until you receive this email. This email will contain the date, time and location of the pickup event. If you do not arrive during this time, and do not communicate with the library, then you may lose your hold.
- Go to the pickup location detailed in the email. When you arrive tell the library employee your name and they will hand you your requested materials in a bag. Verify that the items you receive are correct.
- The library will be holding library return events later in the semester. Books can also be returned to the library's dropbox in front of the library's main entrance. Computers, calculators and other equipment must be returned to a person at a future event.
All visitors to campus must wear a mask, to maintain 6-feet social distance, and should not enter campus if they are feeling unwell.
Notes and rules for requesting items during closure
- Items will be checked-out for the entire semester.
- Requests are first-come, first-served. Please check availability in OneSearch.
- There is no intercampus requesting between RCCD libraries.
- Limit one textbook and one laptop or Chromebook per student.
- Requests must be placed by noon on the day before the pickup event to ensure they are fulfilled in time.
- Ensure that you have received an email confirmation that your item is ready before arriving at pick-up event.
- If students fail to arrive during their appointment window and do not contact email@example.com then request will be canceled and the materials will be made available to another student.
- Library Staff will also accept return of library materials at pickup events.
- All items available from Moreno Valley College library must be requested online and picked up during the offered times. We are only able to deliver items already requested; we cannot accommodate unscheduled pickups or check out new items at the pickups.
- Library Staff will NOT require RCCD student ID cards for pickup.
- There will be Library Return events at the end of the semester (see future dates on the left side of this page).
- If you have any questions or issues then contact the library at firstname.lastname@example.org
How to place a request in OneSearch
Navigate to the library's OneSearch catalog.
Enter the name of the item you would like to request.
Open the title of the item you would like to request.
Scroll down and click the Sign-in button on the yellow bar in the middle of the screen.
Sign in using your RCCD email and email password. (If you do not know this then information you will have to go through the Forgot Password process. If you still cannot log-in then make sure you have registered your RCCD Single Sign On (SSO) account. Instructions on registering your SSO account)
Once signed in click the Request button. If there is no Request button then the item is unavailable.
Enter your phone number, and any additional information. Click submit.
You will receive an email confirmation when the item has been pulled with details of the pick-up event. Please note that your item is not ready to pickup until you receive this email.